Be Inspired...Get Surefired!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's golf season, finally!

After such a looonnnngggg winter, it's so nice to be back out on the course.

This off-season, I completely changed up my training routine and I'm super curious about how that will affect my game and competition results this summer.

Normally, I take the month of November completely off - no workouts, no golf, nothing (well, maybe a bit of hockey, but who could possibly resist that?!). Mostly, I try to let my body recover from all the training and practicing that I do the rest of the year.
At my home course - Elmhurst GC

When December arrives, I am usually anxious to get back into the gym and start hitting balls indoors to work on my swing technique through the winter. In the past, I have also spent time down south during the colder months so I can continue to play golf year round.

However, this past winter was different...I still spent many hours working on my fitness and conditioning in the gym but I did not practice golf at all!

I made the decision to step away from practicing golf this winter for a number of reasons; mostly to let a sore wrist heal but also to spend more time focusing on the mental aspects of the game. Despite feeling a bit rusty heading into tournament season, the result of taking such a long break is that I am super excited to play golf!

Tournaments have just begun which are always so much fun. I have just qualified for the MB Match Play Championships which start this coming weekend. Here are the major events I am planning on playing this summer:

Lining up a putt in Texas

MB Match Play Championships - Winnipeg, MB
Golf MB City & District Championships - Winnipeg, MB
MB Amateur Championships - Morden, MB
US Amateur Qualifiers - Minneapolis, MN
Canadian National Amateur Championships - Montreal, PQ
Interclub A Championships - Winnipeg, MB
US Mid-Amateur Qualifiers - Minneapolis, MN



It feels great to be swinging a club again - see you on the course!
K