Be Inspired...Get Surefired!

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Favorite Smoothie

At this time of year, I am working very hard to build my strength. Golf season is just around the corner so my workouts are pretty intense as I prepare my body for the demands of playing and competing this summer.

I am usually at the gym first thing in the morning and being in strength building phase means my workouts are fairly long and exhausting. When I am done training, I am super hungry and definitely look forward to a post-workout breakfast smoothie.



Here is the recipe for my current favorite - it doesn't contain anything fancy but, wow, is it ever delicious! Please note: I am not the type who has the time or patience for precise measurements...Based on my experience, if you throw all of these ingredients into a blender, it is bound to taste good!

My favorite smoothie
Ingredients:
A banana 
Spoonful of peanut butter 
A few spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt
A few ice cubes, 
About a cup of chocolate milk

Directions:
Blend and drink. If it's too thick, add a bit more chocolate milk. Enjoy!

This smoothie contains a perfect combination of carbohydrate, fat, and protein to give me energy and help me build/repair my muscles after working out.

Let me know what you think of my favorite smoothie!
K