Be Inspired...Get Surefired!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Motivational Monday

What a fantastic experience! For those of you who have NO idea what Motivational Monday is all about, I will do my best to explain...It's basically a company out of Toronto that hosts events (on Mondays) where they invite a collection of 6-8 speakers (both professional and amateur) to come and share about 10 minutes each on a topic of their choosing with a live audience. Some of the speeches are inspiring, some are informative, some are funny, but all are motivating in some way - hence the name Motivational Monday, now more commonly known as MoMonday!




Speaking at MoMonday
photo courtesy Kayla Pottinger
Well last Monday, it was Winnipeg's turn to host its first ever MoMonday! The event was organized by the amazing Stephanie Staples (Your Life, Unlimited) and was sold out almost instantly! You can see how awesome it was by clicking here to view the event photos.

All of the speakers were amazing in their own way. Each of them made me think differently about something which to me is a sign of a successful speech.

For me, it was a real honour to be invited to speak at this event along with them! I did my best to motivate everyone to throw their scales away. I believe that scales are overused and basically useless when trying to measure one's health - people should listen to their bodies instead! Anyways, here is a link to an article I wrote that basically summarizes the ideas of my speech - 5 Reasons to Throw Your Scale Away! Be sure to let me know what you think!

We all need to be inspired from time to time and that is what MoMonday is all about. The event was such a success that the next MoMonday has already been set for Jan 28th. Click here for more info.
Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
K

For more information on hiring Kate to speak at your next event - email her at kate@surefirefitness.ca or visit us on the web at Surefire Fitness.